The FORUM feature will be discontinued due to lack of use.  If you find this useful please let us know

Forums / Interrogation / ERROR 429 and 424

ERROR 429 and 424

3 posts, 0 answered
  • Scott Putnam
    sputnam avatar
    8 posts
    25 Oct 2012
    09 Mar 2013
    On a Win XP laptop.  When I open MiniMon 1.7.0, I get: "Error getting device settings: 429 - You do not have an appropriate license to use this functionality."  Followed by: "Error displaying device status: 424 - Object required."
    Link to this post
  • John Tenney
    john avatar
    31 posts
    02 May 2012
    12 Mar 2013 in reply to sputnam

Scott:

That's he first time I've seen the licensing error message but a 429/424 errors usually have to do with a DLL that MiniMon requires is not registered correctly or has become corrupted.

There's two ways to fix this:

1. Uninstall MiniMon, reboot the PC and reinstall the MiniMon. This usually refreshes any corrupted DLL and re-registers them on the system.
    2. Since the error stated it was getting the device settings, it is probably the xcvr.dll library that is the problem. To try to register this file:
      1. Close MiniMon and open a command prompt window
      2. Change directory to MiniMon installation folder, for example: cd c:\program files (x86)\PTAGIS\MiniMon. Note that MiniMon installs by default in the (x86) Program Files folder on a 64-bit machine.
      3. Register the library by typing: regsvr32 xcvr.dll. You should see a dialog appear that the library was successfully registered.
      4. Open MiniMon and try access the configuration.

Let me know how it goes.

Link to this post
  • John Tenney
    john avatar
    31 posts
    02 May 2012
    18 Mar 2013 in reply to john
    The above steps did not resolve Scott's problem. The following steps should resolve 429/430/424 errors on MiniMon startup related to corrupted library files and/or registry settings. Please only attempt to perform this if you have sufficient technical experience, otherwise contact PTAGIS support.

Step #1: Uninstall MiniMon software

Step #2: Navigate to the MiniMon installation folder and delete any remaining files that have a *.exe or *.dll extension.

Step #3: Unregister the COMMX.OCX library and delete it by:
    1. Locate the COMMX.OCX file by navigating to the C:\Windows\System32 (on x84 machines) or the C:\Windows\SysWOW64 (on x64 machines)
    2. Unregister the COMMX.OCX file by opening a command prompt and typing:
      regsvr32 /u c:\windows\system32\commx.ocx
    3. Delete this COMMX.ocx file after unregistering it.

Step#4: remove all MiniMon configuration settings in system registry:

1. Open the Registry Editor
    2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB And VBA Program Settings
    3. Delete the MiniMon key

Step #5: reboot the machine

Step #6: install the latest MinMon system and attempt to configure it.

Link to this post
    Last modified on 19 Mar 2013 00:03 by john